Job Title: Cellar Operator Ⅰ
Reports to: Cellar Master, Winemaker, Senior Winemaker
Job Location: Hazlitt Red Cat Cellars • Naples, NY
Job Overview: Entry-level position candidate who is eager to learn about, excel in, and contribute to an environment designed to make quality, world-class wines. The right candidate will participate in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the wine cellar. This position will adhere to the standard operating procedures of our cellars while displaying safe and efficient working habits.
Full-Time (40 hours/week average)
Hourly wage commensurate with experience
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintains a clean and hazard-free wine cellar through general janitorial duties in production buildings, cleaning and sanitizing tanks, tank fittings, pumps, hoses, fixed process lines, barrels, and all other grape and wine processing equipment.
- Reads and accurately interprets written work instructions then measures and records routine workplace data during and at the end of work.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate levels of supplies and materials needed for the successful operation of the cellars.
- Assists and provides recommendations to the winemaking team in regards to the daily and weekly planning of cellar work and operations and improvements to processes.
- Follows safe operating procedures, support safety programs, and policies to safeguard personal safety, product safety, environmental safety, and company property as set forth by Hazlitt.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Winemaking team.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision
- Must be self-starters, hardworking, motivated, reliable, and bring a positive attitude.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule during September – November grape harvest
Please contact us for an application: [email protected]