Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Winemaker & Senior Winemaker
Job Location: Hazlitt Red Cat Cellars • Naples, NY
Job Overview: Under minimal supervision performs routine and advanced chemical and physical analyses on wine, cider, and juice. Monitors blends in preparation for bottling and conducts QC analysis post-bottling. Work is done in a wine lab using a wide variety of testing methods.
Full-Time (40 hours/wk. average)
Salary commensurate with experience
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Conduct pre-harvest grapes and incoming juice analysis
- Conduct analysis on incoming juice before fermentation.
- Perform and/or delegate to obtain tank samples.
- Perform daily analysis of juice throughout fermentation.
- Perform weekly/monthly analysis of all beverage products in storage.
- Responsible for the SO2 testing program. Making and/or directing SO2 additions to tanks.
- Perform analysis of blends before bottling to meet customer specifications and TTB/FDA compliance.
- Obtain bottling line samples and perform Quality Control tests.
- Maintain library archive of post-bottling samples.
- Maintain computer records of all testing results.
- Order and/or prepare reagents and standard solutions.
- Maintain and troubleshoot lab instruments
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- 2+ years of experience in the wine/vineyard or equivalent food industry
- Solid work ethic and desire to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication and coordination skills to help maintain process flow.
- Knowledge and ability in the following areas: Chemistry, Microbiology, Computers, Laboratory procedures
- Able to lift and/or move 50 pounds. Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ongoing desire to learn, excel, and contribute to an environment designed to make
world-class quality beverage alcohol products. Desire to grow personally in general knowledge and current research of beverage alcohol and analytical methods.
Please contact us for an application: [email protected]