Job Location: Hazlitt Red Cat Cellars • Naples, NY
Reports to: Tasting Room Supervisor
Job Overview: Are you passionate about wine and The Finger Lakes region? Do you enjoy sharing that passion with others? If so, becoming a Hazlitt Red Cat Cellars Wine Guide in our Tasting Room may be for you!
Seasonal Part-Time Positions Available. Hourly competitive wages & perks.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Greet our guests with a smile as they arrive in the tasting room/retail shop
• Engage visitors in conversation that helps them feel relaxed and comfortable in our establishment
• Create a memorable experience that leads to a sale by executing a fun, unpretentious wine tasting for each guest
• Educate guests about our wine, brand, and heritage
• Uphold the reputation for our famous Hazlitt hospitality
• Be an ambassador for the area and make quality recommendations
• Stock wine and merchandise at the tasting bars and retail shop
• Maintain, in cooperation with other tasting room staff, the cleanliness of the tasting room, restrooms, kitchen/storage room, and outside winery grounds
• Assist with execution of opening/closing duties
• Assist with special events and outside functions as needed
• Uphold N.Y.S. Law: check ID’s of anyone who appears under the age of 30; do not serve anyone who is visibly intoxicated, etc.
• Any other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the winery
• Possess the desire to consistently provide our guests with a positive, memorable experience
• We are looking for people who radiate warmth, have an upbeat attitude, and are genuine – we can teach you about the wine!
• Must be comfortable speaking with and interacting with guests
• Exhibit enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
• Work efficiently and follow company standards with or without immediate supervision
• Extend professionalism and courtesy at all times to customers and co-workers
• Able to lift 40 pounds regularly and stand for long periods-of-time
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• This job requires regular weekend and holiday availability