Job Title: Cellar Operator Ⅰ
Reports to: Cellar Master Winemaker, Senior Winemaker
Job Location: Naples, NY
Job Overview: Entry level position candidate who is eager to learn about, excel in and contribute to an environment designed to make quality world class wines. The right candidate will participate in the day to day operation and maintenance of the wine cellar. This position will adhere to the standard operating procedures of our cellars while displaying safe and efficient working habits.
Full-Time (40 hours/week average)
Hourly wage commensurate with experience
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintain s a clean and hazard free wine cellar through general janitorial duties in production buildings, cleaning and sanitizing tanks, tank fittings, pumps, hoses, fixed process lines, barrels, and all other grape and wine processing equipment.
- Reads and accurately interprets written work instructions then measures and records routine workplace data during and at the end of work.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate levels of supplies and materials needed for the successful operation of the cellars.
- Assists and provides recommendations to the winemaking team in regards to the daily and weekly planning of cellar work and operations and improvements to processes.
- Follows safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, product safety, environmental safety, and company property as set forth by Hazlitt.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Winemaking team
- Ability to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision
- Must be self-starters, hardworking, motivated, reliable, and bring a positive attitude.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule during September – November grape harvest