Job Location: Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards • Hector, NY
Reports to: Tasting Room & Retail Manager
Overview: Are you passionate about wine and The Finger Lakes region? Do you enjoy sharing that passion with others? If so, becoming a Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards Wine Guide in our Tasting Room may be for you!
Seasonal Part-time positions are available. Hourly competitive wages & perks.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Greet our guests with a smile as they arrive in the tasting room/retail shop
- Engage visitors in conversation that helps them feel relaxed and comfortable in our establishment
- Create a memorable experience that leads to a sale by executing a fun, unpretentious wine tasting for each guest
- Educate guests about our wine, brand, and heritage
- Uphold the reputation for our famous Hazlitt hospitality
- Be an ambassador for the area and make quality recommendations
- Stock wine and merchandise at the tasting bars and retail shop
- Maintain, in cooperation with other tasting room staff, the cleanliness of the tasting room, restrooms, kitchen, tasting room offices, and outside winery grounds – including the Oasis
- Assist with execution of opening/closing duties
- Assist with special events and outside functions as needed
- Uphold N.Y.S. Law: check ID’s of anyone who appears under the age of 30; do not serve anyone who is visibly intoxicated, etc.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the winery
- Possess the desire to consistently provide our guests with a positive, memorable experience
- We are looking for people who radiate warmth, have an upbeat attitude, and are genuine – we can teach you about the wine!
- Must be comfortable speaking with and interacting with guests
- Exhibit enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
- Work efficiently and follow company standards with or without immediate supervision
- Extend professionalism and courtesy at all times to customers and co-workers
- Able to lift 40 pounds regularly and stand for long periods-of-time
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- This job requires regular weekend and holiday availability