Job Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Reports to: Company President
Job Location: Naples, N.Y. and Hector, N.Y.
Job Overview: A highly visible position that reports directly to the President of a multi-divisional agri-facturing business. This is a hands-on position with tremendous long-term career potential within a growing Finger Lakes company.
Full-Time (40+ hours/wk average)
Salary commensurate with experience
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Direct the accounting and financial activities of the Naples and Hector operations with overall responsibility for Cash Flow Management, Financial Transactions, Statements, and other related reports.
- Provide financial information to the outside accounting firm as needed
- Oversee the creation of periodic and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Define, implement and monitor internal controls.
- Implement and maintain a cost accounting system.
- Prepare monthly financial reports comparing actual-to-budget, actual-to-last year and actual-to-forecast.
- Responsible for the accuracy and submission of required TTB (Alcohol & Tobacco Tax & Trade Bureau) and the NYSLA (State Liquor Authority) licensing and permits.
- Effectively interact with other company officers and managers to achieve the company’s operational goals.
- All other duties as deemed necessary for the successful management of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in financial management or accounting with an emphasis on Cost Accounting.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products (Excel & Access).
- Experience in a Vertically Integrated Business preferred.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Clear understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.